Quebec, Canada
Married 14 years and now in love with Penelope

Our Itinerary For Our Journey to China

  • Wed Aug. 29: leave Montreal at 8 am
  • Wed Aug 29: leave Toronto at 10:30
  • Thurs Aug. 30: Arrive in Shanghai at 1:30
  • Aug. 30 to Sept. 1: Visit Shanghai
  • Sat Sept 1: Hook up with our agency adoption group
  • Sun Sept. 2: Leave with Group for Nanchang
  • Sun Sept. 2: MEET PENELOPE in NANCHANG at 4:30
  • Sept. 2 to Sept. 7: It's all about Penelope
  • Sat Sept. 8: Head to Beijing
  • Mon Sept. 10: Baby's Visa & Medical Visit
  • Sun Sept. 9: Great Wall of China
  • Tues Sept 11: Visit Summer Palace
  • Wed Sept 12: Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City
  • Thurs Sept 13: Receive Baby's Visa
  • Fri Sept 14: Bringing Penelope Home! Arrive in Montreal at 9:15 pm

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Speedy Mama

I got pulled over yesterday for speeding...going 80km in a 50 zone. In my defence he got me right as I was going down a steep hill and the car had picked up speed on its own...Really. I found my driver's license, but I couldn't find my registration...we only got the van last week, day before the referral pictures...so completely forgot to organize my car documents & put them in the glove compartment. I told the stern-looking police officer that he could verify that the car was transferred to my name last week. He went off to his car to write out my ticket. In the meantime cars sped by me at 80 to 100km/hr. He came back to me and said "OK, madame try to keep your papers together". I asked if he verified that the car was mine. He said indeed, "the transfer was done July 11". So what does this new mama say? "See, July 11, I told you it was last week, and do you know what happened on July 12? We got her!" And I pulled out Penelope's pictures and explained how we have, since July 12, been going gaga over our new baby. He cracked half a smile, and then by the third picture, he was mush. He couldn't resist her either. (I still have to pay the ticket however). I'm excited about tonight. We're meeting a couple, Susan & Gordie, with whom we'll be travelling to China to get our daughters. The girls are from the same orphanage. Super cool. Our daughter will have a little friend in town that she knew before she ever met us.

3 comments:

4D said...

He must be made of steel if that pretty little face can`t get you out of the ticket. They are just making money...hubs got pulled over on the service road. The cars that zoom by...crazy.

Keep smilin!

Kelley said...

I agree...he should have gotten so mushy that he said, "consider this a warning" and forgotten about the ticket. Oh well...

Julie said...

I agree! He should have waived the ticket!