Quebec, Canada
Married 14 years and now in love with Penelope

Our Itinerary For Our Journey to China

  • Wed Aug. 29: leave Montreal at 8 am
  • Wed Aug 29: leave Toronto at 10:30
  • Thurs Aug. 30: Arrive in Shanghai at 1:30
  • Aug. 30 to Sept. 1: Visit Shanghai
  • Sat Sept 1: Hook up with our agency adoption group
  • Sun Sept. 2: Leave with Group for Nanchang
  • Sun Sept. 2: MEET PENELOPE in NANCHANG at 4:30
  • Sept. 2 to Sept. 7: It's all about Penelope
  • Sat Sept. 8: Head to Beijing
  • Mon Sept. 10: Baby's Visa & Medical Visit
  • Sun Sept. 9: Great Wall of China
  • Tues Sept 11: Visit Summer Palace
  • Wed Sept 12: Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City
  • Thurs Sept 13: Receive Baby's Visa
  • Fri Sept 14: Bringing Penelope Home! Arrive in Montreal at 9:15 pm

Blog Archive

Monday, July 16, 2007

Ma Poupoune

We signed & gave in the official letter from the CCAA entitled letter of confirmation of acceptance aka... "we're keeping her and she's ours and we're never letting go of her--ever". It is unbelievable how this little human being has touched our lives already. The idea that I have been entrusted with her life just blows my mind. I went to pick up some enlargements of the referral pictures I had ordered and I just could not resist opening the envelope at the counter the minute it was handed to me, and I could not resist showing them to the nice looking lady, Mme Suzanne, behind the counter. And I said it. I said it. To a stranger. "This is my daughter". She looked at the picture and back at me & put two & two together, and within three seconds into our story she had tears in her eyes. I soon found myself asking if she was OK. Poor lady seemed to be taken aback by her own emotions and seemed so moved at the thought of this little girl and I soon being together. She kept repeating "c'est ta poupoune" (translation: she's your baby girl)and kept oooing & aweing at the pictures. Oui, c'est ma poupoune. The story didn't matter anymore. Ma poupoune did. Ma poupoune.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

So funny you commented on my blog this morning...I almost left you another one early, early this morning. So I had to come back! I am just so tickled for you, and I can see you getting your pictures! Penelope is TRULY ADORABLE!!!! I was going to type my referral picture story out here for you...but it's long, so I'll just post about it. Congratulations again!!!!!

Julie said...

Awww ...sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Good words.