Quebec, Canada
Married 14 years and now in love with Penelope

Our Itinerary For Our Journey to China

  • Wed Aug. 29: leave Montreal at 8 am
  • Wed Aug 29: leave Toronto at 10:30
  • Thurs Aug. 30: Arrive in Shanghai at 1:30
  • Aug. 30 to Sept. 1: Visit Shanghai
  • Sat Sept 1: Hook up with our agency adoption group
  • Sun Sept. 2: Leave with Group for Nanchang
  • Sun Sept. 2: MEET PENELOPE in NANCHANG at 4:30
  • Sept. 2 to Sept. 7: It's all about Penelope
  • Sat Sept. 8: Head to Beijing
  • Mon Sept. 10: Baby's Visa & Medical Visit
  • Sun Sept. 9: Great Wall of China
  • Tues Sept 11: Visit Summer Palace
  • Wed Sept 12: Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City
  • Thurs Sept 13: Receive Baby's Visa
  • Fri Sept 14: Bringing Penelope Home! Arrive in Montreal at 9:15 pm

Blog Archive

Monday, July 9, 2007

Referral Day Recap: July 6, 2007; 3:15 pm

She's real...She is Guang Yun Ping, born November 24, 2006, aged 7 months, living in Jiangxi Province of the PRC. And she's ours. I have been on cloud nine, and I don't think I will land for a while yet. Nothing happened as expected on referral day, but it was just the most perfect day. At the end of my day at work, yes, early, 3:15--it was Friday after all--a wonderful dad (thanks Mark) called me to make sure I knew the cut-off date was the 14th and that we had been matched (which I knew because I've developed a new compulsion to click on RQ & CCAA sites in that order every 5 seconds). He gave me the courage to call (or bother) our agency to find out if "the package" had arrived. I called & they said it had and to expect "the call". I freaked...I panicked...I called Wanda (thank God her #s in my cell) to give me Karen's number (which was in my agenda but I couldn't read anymore), I then called Karen to leave her a message to disregard an email message from 6 am containing my whereabouts for the day (in case she would try to reach me)--that I would be going home and waiting by the phone. BUT she answered the phone and I tried to sound normal, asked about the weather or something.... She asked what was wrong...I said nothing...she said "...nothing should be wrong...you're a mamma". Finally I blurted: "I Know!" Then I fumbled again trying to get Eric on my cell and again and again trying to figure out how to get Karen on speakerphone on my new office phone...eventually we were all onboard for the best news of our lives. As soon as Karen opened her mouth to reveal the details we lost all ability to manage paper & pen and to spell (well, Eric & I did, Karen seemed to be doing well) and to process information for about 10 minutes...Yun Ping, 7 months old, our little girl. We finally know who our Penelope Ann Yun Ping is...exactly where she is in this world, and soon we'll get to see her lovely face, ...pictures to come soon...until then I'll just keep saying her beautiful name. We love you baby girl. We just love you so much.

No comments: